A 30-strong delegation of faculty staff and students from Shibaura Institute of Technology (SIT) in Japan has arrived at our Faculty of Engineering. Prof Shinya Inazumi, a SIT staff member, two teaching assistants and 26 students visited the Department of Civil Engineering from 20 until 30 August, 2018 for a problem-based learning program conducted jointly with a group of our students. Our teams, led by Dr. Supakij Nontananandh, Dr. Apiniti Jotisankasa and Dr. Suttisak Soralump, organized an intense program for them. This program comprises a series of lectures, workshops and field trips, featuring among others:
- a field trip to a drainage tunnel construction site (Nong Bon swamp to the Chao Praya river);
- I-tong landslide field work;
- a vetiver nursery site visit;
- an excursion to the River Kwai and Tong Pha Poom in Kanchanaburi;
- a special lecture by Dr Suttisak Soralump (Dept of Civil Engineering) on the recent Tham Luang cave rescue mission.